Work directly with clients in our boutique and assist them choosing an outfit that is appropriate for job interviews and compatible with cultural and individual style preferences. Your rapport and conversation during these private appointments will help the women nurture self-esteem and build confidence for their interview processes.
Are you looking for a way to get involved on a weekly basis and make a significant impact on daily operations? Boutique Leads have keys to the building and are responsible for opening/closing the boutique, overseeing tasks, and managing volunteers during their shift. They also have the option of being Image Consultants during the same shift.
Do you have a talent for merchandising, interior design, fashion or color coordination? Join us at our boutique to intake, process, sort and display the clothing and accessory donations. Help us organize our inventory and make the boutique a warm and uplifting environment for our clients. Office help is also included in this area, tasks such as filing and data entry are also needed to keep things running smoothly.
Are you organized, a planner or a good writer? Assist with special events, like suit drives, internal and external fundraisers, or other affiliated promotions. Help with check-in and breakdown of events, publicity, soliciting donations, and sponsors for events, or send out post-event thank you letters. We can use your help!
Your skills can help clients overcome barriers to success, gain confidence, and thrive in the workplace. Professional services that are needed on an occasional basis include hairstylists, manicurists, estheticians, dentists, doctors, optometrists, attorneys, etc.
If you can speak more than one language, we would love to talk to you about helping in multiple areas!
If you are not available during our boutique’s normal operating hours, joining a committee is a great way to get involved . Most committees meet in the evenings once per month or have conference calls as needed. Current committees include:
- Suiting– Oversees the Operations of the Boutique, including the volunteer program and referral agencies. Organizes 2-3 clothing sales each year.
- Little Black Dress(LBD) Club – Responsible for maintaining contact with LBD members, soliciting vendor partnerships, planning membership events, and recruiting new members
- Fundraising – Event planning, soliciting donations (both monetary and in-kind), and grant writing.
- Public Relations/Marketing– Coordinates promotion and media relations as well as manages our social media and digital marketing efforts.
- Power Walk– Plans this annual event, including soliciting sponsors and signing up walkers.
- PWG – Chooses topics, coordinates speakers, plans refreshments, and attends the group’s meetings on the 3rd Wednesday of every month.
- GPN – Reviews resumes, conducts mock interviews, and attends GPN classes as available.
If you or someone you know would like to support the women we serve and make a positive impact in our community, please apply here or
email us and we will contact you to answer any questions and get you signed up for a volunteer orientation.